Posted by Marek.Z on 21 May 2013
As the countdown to Veeam Backup & Replication version 7 continues, Veeam released two additional new features that will be included in version 7.
- Built-in WAN Acceleration – Built-in WAN Acceleration, which was developed by Veeam and optimized specifically for Veeam backups, copies data to offsite locations up to 50 times faster than a regular file copy. This removes the need to purchase and deploy a general purpose WAN acceleration appliance or acquire additional network bandwidth for offsite backups.
- Backup from Storage Snapshots - The second groundbreaking new capability, Backup from Storage Snapshots, has been developed in partnership with HP and works with HP StoreVirtual VSA, HP StoreVirtual (LeftHand, P4000) and HP StoreServ (3PAR) to dramatically improve recovery point objectives (RPOs) while greatly reducing stress on the virtual infrastructure. As a result, IT admins can make backups as often as they want throughout the day, even for I/O intensive virtual machines.
Head over to Veeam website for more information on all new features in Veeam Backup & Replication version 7.
Posted in Sponsor, Veeam | Tagged: Backup & Replication, v7, Veeam, version 7 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Marek.Z on 2 April 2013
In April you could be the big winner of a free full pass to VMworld 2013!
The winner will be announced on April 22 and the lucky one will receive a free pass to either North America or Europe VMworld (depending on winner’s location).
Visit Veeam website to enter!
Posted in Events, Veeam, VMware, VMworld | Tagged: Veeam, VMware, VMworld | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Marek.Z on 11 February 2013
I’ve got some info for you about from our friends at Veeam. Today, Veeam released the Veeam Backup & Replication Cloud Edition!
Key features include:
- Supports 15 cloud vendors, including Amazon and Azure
- No cloud API’s to learn
- No re-design of local backup processes
- Encryption on the fly or at rest
- Job notifications
Check out the demo video below or head over to Veeam website for more info about Veeam Backup & Replication Cloud Edition.
Posted in Veeam | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Marek.Z on 27 November 2012
Veeam is introducing New Veeam Backup Management Suite 6.5 for even more proficient data protection and virtualization management! Let’s take a look at some key features.
Comprehensive data protection and virtualization management
Veeam Backup Management Suite is a powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solution for VMware and Hyper-V environments of all sizes. Combining Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE in a single integrated solution, Veeam Backup Management Suite protects your investment in virtualization, increases administrator productivity and helps to mitigate daily management risks with:
- 2-in-1: backup and replication
- 24×7 real-time monitoring
- Documentation and management reporting
Advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for backup
Veeam Backup Management Suite offers capabilities that make it easier than ever to know your virtual environment is protected. With 24×7 monitoring of the backup infrastructure and features that let you easily identify unprotected VMs, optimize backup resources, automatically document backup status, and more, Veeam Backup Management Suite is the right solution for ensuring the protection, performance and availability of your entire virtual environment.
Alerting and troubleshooting for the backup infrastructure
You want to be the first to know when issues affect the protection and availability of your virtual environment. With Veeam Backup Management Suite, you can be confident you’ll be notified right away when problems occur. You’ll also be ready with the data and information you need to resolve issues quickly. Veeam Backup Management Suite delivers capabilities for managing these and other important backup infrastructure tasks:
- Monitoring the age and size of snapshots
- Alerting you when guest disks used for backup repositories are getting full
- Keeping track of the VM power state of your backup proxies and repositories
- Collecting and analyzing datastore I/O metrics to detect and resolve performance problems
Want to know more? Head over to Veeam website to learn more!
Posted in Veeam | Tagged: Veeam, Management Suite, 6.5 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Marek.Z on 14 November 2012
Another great news from our friends at Veeam!
If you are a VMware vExpert, VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Instructor (VCI), you can get a FREE 2-socket NFR license for Veeam Backup & Replication v6 for your home or work lab.
Head over to Veeam website to learn more!
Posted in Veeam | Tagged: free, license, NFR, Veeam | Leave a Comment »