Yesterday I received some interesting news from our friends at Trilead!
The Trilead team is pleased to announce the release of VM Explorer 5.4 which introduces two of the most requested features.
- Encrypted backup
- Support for LVM disk for file level restore.
VM Explorer 5.4 includes following features:
- Encrypted Backups (Enterprise) – VM Explorer can now secure your backups and incremental backups using XTS-AES 128 bit encryption algorithm. Your data is now protected and only with the correct encryption keys a File Level Restore or a VM Restore can be performed. Take a look at this video tutorial on how to do this.
- LVM and LDM support for File Level Restore – It is now possible to restore singe files from Linux LVM and Microsoft LDM partitions.
- Copy Backup Task – VM Explorer can create a copy of one or more existing backups to a different target destination. This feature is very useful when duplicating backups offsite without involving the hypervisor server.
- Custom SSL certificates selection – It is possible to select a custom SSL certificate when configuring VM Explorer web interface using HTTPS protocol.
You can download the latest version of Trilead VM Explorer here and install VM Explorer 5.4 as usual.