In the previous part we have deployed the vCenter Infrastructure Navigator virtual appliance and licensed it with a license key. In this part we will continue with configuration of the appliance.
Configure vCenter Infrastructure Navigator
The vCenter Infrastructure Navigator installs as a plug-in into the vCenter Web Client so in order start using it you have to open the vSphere Web Client.
- Open the vSphere Web Client and login with your administrator account or if configured, use the SSO sign on.
- You should now see the Infrastructure Navigator option on the left side under the Home pane.
- Click the Infrastructure Navigator link and on the Settings tab, verify if the vCenter Server is the one you want to connect.
- Next, click Turn On Discovery and enter the username and password for the vCenter Server mentioned above. Click OK.
- When you finish, the discovery should now be on.
- The discovery process can take some time to complete. When it’s ready you should now see additional information on discovered assets in your environment.
View Application Dependencies
- In order to view application dependencies of a particular virtual machine, select the virtual machine, in this case the vCenter Infrastructure Navigator and click Show dependencies under the Navigator menu.
- A dependencies map will be shown for this particular virtual machine.
- You can also switch to a table view, manipulate the view and see additional information of a selected component under the General and Services tab.
This concludes the vCenter Infrastructure Navigator part of this Proof of Concept series.
Continue to the final part of this Proof of Concept for some final thoughts and conclusions.
- vCloud Suite POC Part 1: Introduction
- vCloud Suite POC Part 2: Installing vCloud Director Cell
- vCloud Suite POC Part 3: vCloud Director Configuration
- vCloud Suite POC Part 4: Creating a new Provider vDC
- vCloud Suite POC Part 5: Creating new Organization
- vCloud Suite POC Part 6: Add and Publish Catalogs
- vCloud Suite POC Part 7: Create New vApp
- vCloud Suite POC Part 8: Add vCloud Connector
- vCloud Suite POC Part 9: Move VM to the Cloud
- vCloud Suite POC Part 10: Add vCenter Chargeback Manager
- vCloud Suite POC Part 11: Install and Configure vCenter Chargeback Manager
- vCloud Suite POC Part 12: vCenter Chargeback Manager Cost Analysis and Reporting
- vCloud Suite POC Part 13: Add vCenter Operations Manager
- vCloud Suite POC Part 14: Configure vCenter Operations Manager
- vCloud Suite POC Part 15: Create Custom UI in vCenter Operations Manager
- vCloud Suite POC Part 16: Add vCloud Automation Center
- vCloud Suite POC Part 17: Install and Configure vCloud Automation Center
- vCloud Suite POC Part 18: Install and Configure vCAC Self-Service Portal Website
- vCloud Suite POC Part 19: vCloud Director and vCloud Automation Center Integration
- vCloud Suite POC Part 20: Request Resources Using vCAC Self Service Portal
- vCloud Suite POC Part 21: Add vCenter Infrastructure Navigator